Connecting the Dots in an Unconnected World

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Justice or Grace

There are days when it seems like the weight of the world comes across my desk. Big problems, small problems, important problems, insignificant problems, decisions, hurts, joys, etc... are all apart of a pastors daily experience. Midst theses moments I am often asked (or more often required) to come to a decision that will, at times, have a significant impact on the lives of people I minister to and love.

The burden of these decisions is one of the heavier burdens any pastor carries. When these moments come I find myself totally dependent upon the wisdom of God. James tells us:
James 1:4-5But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
Sadly, these decisions often come to a determination between Justice, that is doing what a policy or standard requires, and Grace, doing that which will be redemptive or merciful.

Because God has shown me Grace, for which I am eternally grateful, through Christ Jesus, I do my best to side with Grace. At times this spirit is mistaken as weakness. However, I have decided that if I am to err it will be on the side of Grace.

The next time you have a difficult decision to make go to God and ask Him for His wisdom and if God will allow come down on the side of Grace. When he looked at your sin problem He showed Grace, so can you.

Attempting to Connect the Dots...

Wayne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website hit counter
website hit counters