Connecting the Dots in an Unconnected World

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

For What Are You Thankful?

What you are thankful for speaks volumes about that which is important to you. At this Thanksgiving season take to time to determine what you are thankful for.

I am thankful for Ruthi, Ralph, Marci and John, Steven, Solveig and Bill, Atreju and Uriah. God has been very good in providing me with a wonderful family.

I am thankful that God is God. He is wise, loving, kind, merciful, gracious and desires to bless those that follow Him. While I know that God has other characteristics, I am thankful for these. I am thankful that God saved me and called me to preach. I am thankful for the people of Southside Baptist Church that God allows me to pastor. I am thankful for the co-laborers God has provided me with in our staff and lay leaders; as well as staff I have been privileged to serve with in the past. I am thankful for the scores of people God has placed in my life with whom I share God's work: Dr. John Sullivan, Dr. Tom Kinchen, Dr. Dan Wade, Dr. Ron Fullerton, Dr. Cecil Seagle, Dr. Glen Owens, Dr. Craig Culbreth, Dr. David Burton and many local pastors that are a daily blessing.

I am thankful that God has allowed me to be a soul winner. I find no greater joy than that of leading a lost person to salvation. I am thankful for the more than 300 people who have received Christ in church services, revival services, visitation and in the by-ways of life this past year.

I have so much to be thankful for. Bless the Lord, O my soul and all that is within me bless His Holy name!

Attempting to Connect the Dots...

Wayne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website hit counter
website hit counters