Connecting the Dots in an Unconnected World

Thursday, March 28, 2013

He is Alive!

What will Americans be celebrating this Sunday?

Sadly, many Americans will be celebrating a bunny. They will conduct Easter Egg Hunts for their children, gather for a family celebration and probably many will receive a new "Easter" outfit. I confess that in my formative years this was what was celebrated at my home. While these are not bad things, is that really the meaning of Easter?

For many others they will be celebrating religious ritual. The high Holy day means attending a religious service and receiving communion. While religious experience is not bad, is it really what Easter is all about

For the believer we will be celebrating the fact that Jesus died, spent 3 days and 3 nights in the tomb and early in the morning as it dawned toward the first day of the week He got up out of that grave alive! The resurrection is the distinctive of Christian faith. Not only did Jesus conquer death and the grave nearly 2000 years ago; He promised that all who placed their faith and trust in Him will also conquer death and the grave as well.

Sunday, I will be celebrating the fact that He is alive. I will be claiming the promise because He is alive, I will also live for eternity. I will be enjoying sweet savor of victory over my last enemy, death.

Hallelujah, Jesus is alive. Join me in the celebration!

Attempting to Connect the Dots...

Wayne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website hit counter
website hit counters