Connecting the Dots in an Unconnected World

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Priorities

Last Sunday morning I awoke to find that my automobile had been stolen. This is the automobile that I (and the credit union) have owned for less than a month.

I must confess that at first I was greatly disappointed. This was my car. The one I had searched for across a period of months. My rolling office. My first response was to "pray down fire from perdition" upon whoever had ripped my life apart, then I realized that would probably mean fire would consume the car, so I quickly stopped praying in that manner.

The following hours rolled by quickly. A fine officer from the SPD responded to our call for assistance and gave me a report, I filed a report with my insurance carrier, Geico, I preached in our Sunday morning service, attended a leadership team meeting, made a hospital call and preached in our Sunday evening service.

During the day I reflected upon the incident. My house was invaded, keys were taken, money was missing and the car was gone. At first glance this was not a 5-star day. During the Bible Study time I learned that one of our Deacons, James Jentgens (Dorothy's husband) was going to need a third procedure related to the two brain aneurysms. Friday he will undergo another coil procedure related to the anuerysms. Upon further reflection, no one was injured during the home invasion, the money can be replaced and the car, is in the final analysis, just a car.

So, I asked God to forgive my ingratitude. I encourage you to join me in praying for my friends James and Dorothy Jentgens. Also, the car was found on Tuesday morning. It is in the shop for cosmetic repairs to the interior and re-keying.

Attempting to Connect the Dots...

Wayne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website hit counter
website hit counters