Connecting the Dots in an Unconnected World

Friday, April 27, 2012

Reflections

Today I find myself reflecting on God's goodness in my life. Allow me some miscellaneous reflections not necessarily in order of priority:

  • I am grateful that 38 years ago I was invited to a revival service where I met Jesus as my Savior. The greatest night of my life was when Jesus saved my soul and changed me for eternity.
  • I am thankful for my family. Ruthi is the finest partner, pastor's wife, and encourager any pastor has ever known. Our children Ralph, Marci, Steven and Solveig are a blessing. Our grandchildren Atreju and Uriah bring real joy to my life.
  • I am humbled that God called me to preach. It is only by His grace that I may serve Him. Being a Baptist preacher is the highest calling in life.
  • I am amazed at the way that God uses my efforts on His behalf. God has a way of taking my stumbling and turning it into His victory.
  • I am blessed to pastor some of the very finest of God's people at Southside Baptist Church in Sarasota, Florida. They are gracious, kind, loving and follow God's leading through their pastor gladly.
  • I am thrilled that God has allowed me to be a soul winner. It is an amazing moment to know that you stand between heaven and hell with the Gospel in someones life and to watch as God's Spirit draws them graciously to a home in heaven for eternity.
  • I am committed to giving God my best effort. This is not the day for half hearted commitment. To the very best of my ability I give myself to Him to do with as He pleases.
  • I am honored to be a part of the greatest missional movement in the history of Christianity, the Southern Baptist Convention. The SBC is not perfect, however, it has been and is being used of God to impact the world with the Gospel.
  • I am fortunate to have so many good friends who pray for me, encourage me and stand with me. they are too numerous to list.
  • I am favored of God to have been given excellent ministry role-models. Dr. David C. Hall, Dr. Ronald Fullerton, Dr. Dan Wade, Dr. John Sullivan, Dr. Cecil Seagle, Dr. Tom Kinchen, and Dr. Glen Owens have "raised the bar" in my life by their investment in me. Their Godly example and counsel have been invaluable as I have attempted to serve our Savior.

Attempting to Connect the Dots...


Wayne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website hit counter
website hit counters