Connecting the Dots in an Unconnected World

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My Friend Bozie

And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
Daniel 12:4

My last several posts have been personally nostalgic. Surely, I have been blessed by good friends that have made a significant difference in my life.

Allow me to share with you about my dear friend and co-laborer in Christ, Dr. Ronald “Bozie” Fullerton. I met Dr. Fullerton in 1978 when Ruthi and I were moving to Portland, Oregon. At the time he was pastor of the First Baptist Church of El Sobrante, California. Under his capable leadership that dear church grew from an attendance of 40 to more than 800 and in eight and one-half years baptized more than 1,000 people. Dr. Fullerton has been a leader in Southern Baptist and California Baptist life.

However, of all of Dr. Fullerton’s accomplishments the one that has impacted me the most is his consistent and persistent soul winning. He led his fast growing evangelistic church by personal example. He was and is a daily soul winning practitioner. His leadership and ministry are a wonderful example for any pastor to emulate. Truly, he has lived out the testimony of Daniel 12:4.

Dr. Fullerton has made me a more effective soul winner by his active example. He has been a constant encouragement to me. I am grateful for the influence he has wielded in my life and very thankful that Dr. Fullerton is my friend.

Attempting to connect the dots…


Wayne
Romans 1:16

Quotable:
“Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.”
Unknown

1 Comments:

Blogger Tom Bryant said...

I've eaten meals with him a few times at conventions, he is an original. He is always witnessing to people.

November 4, 2009 at 11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website hit counter
website hit counters