Connecting the Dots in an Unconnected World

Saturday, October 17, 2009

My Friend Don

Eccl 4:9-10 Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.

Across 32 years of ministry God has been very good to me by giving me treasured friends in the work of God. Among my most cherished friends is Don McLaughlin, pastor of Church at the Movies in Tallahassee, Florida. I met Don in 1986 and from the day that we met we have enjoyed a wonderful bond in Christ. Don and Kathy McLaughlin are among God’s finest and most faithful servants.

Don has been a trusted confidant and dependable co-laborer in Christ. I have rejoiced as he has become one of Florida Baptists finest leaders, currently serving a second term as President of the State Board of Missions. I am constantly challenged by Don’s faith and commitment to the vision that God has given him for Church at the Movies. His willingness to transition his congregation to become more intentional at reaching people with the gospel is extraordinary. The price that he and Kathy have paid is great.

Don’s journey is a wonderful example of a man who was willing to seek God’s vision and then to unswervingly pursue that vision for the glory of God. I am glad that Don is my friend. I encourage you to pray for the work of Church at the Movies in Tallahassee and for my precious friends Don and Kathy McLaughlin.

Attempting to connect the dots…

Wayne
Romans 1:16

Quotable:
“A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.” Proverbs 18:24

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website hit counter
website hit counters