Connecting the Dots in an Unconnected World

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I Pastor Wonderful People

It has been my joy to be pastor of Southside Baptist Church in Sarasota, Florida for the past eighteen and one-half years. As you can imagine those years have been packed with thousands of experiences, some of them have been great others have been less than great.

I said all of that to say that God has been very good to let me be pastor to the wonderful people of Southside. Across these years I have been privileged to work with excellent staff, Godly lay leadership, and loving people. They have been tolerant of my mistakes. They have supported my ministry. They have encouraged my service in numerous positions in denominational life as well as in preaching an average of three revivals a year. They have prayed for me and my family. They have been supportive of each of our children as they have grown up. They have provided for us to the very best of their ability.

As a people they have desired the expositional preaching of God’s Word. During my years at Southside I have preached through the entire New Testament, the Minor Prophets, The Psalms and Proverbs, almost half of the Pentateuch and many of the books of History in the Old Testament. They bring their Bibles. They take notes (as if I might say something worth noting) and then follow-up with questions from not only the messages but from their personal study. It is great to pastor a people who not only profess to be people of the book but practice being people of the book. They make me a more effective preacher of the gospel.

I am blessed of God to be pastor to such wonderful people.

Attempting to connect the dots…

Wayne
Romans 1:16

Quotable:
"Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."
~ Bill Keane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website hit counter
website hit counters