Connecting the Dots in an Unconnected World

Saturday, October 31, 2009

My Friend Dan Wade

Prov 27:17
Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

I guess I am getting older. I find myself experiencing moments of grateful reflection. To be very honest I probably would have been a better man, father, husband and pastor if I had experienced these sooner. They have caused me to be more recognize the important place that friends have played in my life.

One of those friends is Dr. Dan Wade, pastor of the First Baptist Church of Zephyrhills, Florida. Dan and his precious wife Lady Jane have been my friends for more than 20 years. God has used Dan in a great way to resurrect First Zephyrhills.

Dan has been a constant encourager. The time I spend with my friend Dan makes me a better preacher and more conscientious soul winner. Dan has a genuine heart to see people saved and is one of the two best pastor soul winners I know. It has been my joy to lead many people to Jesus while fellowshipping with Dan. His spirit is unique. His commitment to Christ and the church is unmatched.

The week of October 19 was a difficult week for my friends the Wades. Lady Jane experienced heart failure and underwent a heart catheterization and had a defibrillator installed. She is recovering well. Please pray for my friends the Wades they have given their life to serving the Lord and are a wonderful example of those to whom our Lord will say “Well done thou good and faithful servant.” I would that my journey for Christ is as fruitful.

I am glad they are my friends.

Attempting to connect the dots…

Wayne
Romans 1:16

Quotable:
“The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.”
Prov 11:30

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website hit counter
website hit counters