Connecting the Dots in an Unconnected World

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Modern Parable

Fall has arrived in Sarasota (at least for a few days). Morning temperatures are in the low 60’s. I am happy to get back to my early morning back porch Bible reading before an open fire pit. Don’t laugh, it doesn’t really get cold in Sarasota, you have to take every opportunity to enjoy a change of seasons.

This morning I loaded the fire pit and started the fire. It began to blaze away. As I read the book of Genesis, I noted that the neatly stacked logs had separated and one small log was off by itself. Previously this log was burning brightly, now it had begun to die out. All alone it was struggling to continue to burn. As it was dying out I rearranged the logs and brought them back together. The log that was dying out soon reignited and came back to steady burn.

Sitting and observing the scene reminded me that we are at our best when we work together. While we may survive alone we only come to a full blaze when we work together.

Attempting to connect the dots…

Wayne
Romans 1:16

Quotable:
“Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay.”
Jer 20:9

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website hit counter
website hit counters