Connecting the Dots in an Unconnected World

Friday, May 1, 2009

Lord, Make Me a Soul Winner

What is it that you would have God to do with your life? Do you desire to be a great preacher, a wonderful deacon, a wise parent, or even a Godly individual? While all of these have merit it is my belief that the greatest investment of life is in personal soul winning. The great need of our generation is for people who will give themselves entirely, without reservation, to the great task of personal soul winning.

All around us are the signs of this reality; pagan lives, pagan structures, pagan leaders, and pagan legislation are the norm. We will not influence them for righteousness until we lead them to the one who is righteous, Jesus. Change will only come when Jesus changes lives through His redemption.

Our world is lost and going to hell. We meet people each day that have no hope and no relationship with Jesus. Today, it was my privilege to make a hospital visit with a man in his early-eighties who was preparing for surgery. While I was there God allowed me to share the simple plan of salvation and they prayed to receive Jesus. I believe this was a divine appointment. God had prepared them to hear the gospel and receive His Son. I am grateful God allowed me to be a participant in His work of redemption.

Some would raise the question, “how will that help your church?” It may never help my church; however, this fine man and his wife are going to heaven and not to hell. It is not my work to build His church; Jesus said he would be doing that. It is my work to win souls.

My daily payer is that God will make me a more effective soul winner.

Attempting to connect the dots…

Wayne
Romans 1:16

Quotable:
“Some men’s ambition is art, some men’s ambition is fame, some men’s ambition is gold. My ambition is the souls of men.”
– William Booth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

website hit counter
website hit counters